Welcome to the Governing Body for Woodcote High School
The Governing Body for Woodcote come from all walks of life and are drawn from the parent body and staff by election as well as having representatives from the local community appointed by the Governors to ensure that we have the collective skills and knowledge required to oversee the development of the school and the delivery of education to its pupils.
You can contact any of the governors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and naming the governor you wish to contact in the subject line; your email will be directed accordingly. If you wish to contact the Chair of Governors directly you can do so by emailing email@example.com.
As a Governing Body we act for the school as a whole – pupils, parents, teachers and support staff. Our remit is primarily strategic in nature. Operational running of the school is the responsibility of the Headteacher and the senior staff. It is not expected that Governors should act on behalf of individual stakeholders – pupils, families, staff members. In case of any difficulty or incident the Governors have put in place procedures that allow such matters to be addressed and resolved. In the majority of circumstances we would direct you to your child’s learning coach and school management as a first port of call. Most issues can be resolved quickly and easily through these mechanisms. If this route is exhausted for any reason then it might be appropriate to discuss the matter with a Governor. Except for the Staff Governors, we are not employed by the school and mostly have full time jobs of our own which means that a response from the Governors may in fact be slower than might be forthcoming from the teachers or school management. However we aim to attend all significant out-of-hours events at the school (Parents evenings, Performances, Art-shows etc.) and would hope to meet many of you at such gatherings.
If you wish to see the policies for the school before contacting us then these are easily downloaded from here:
As an academy Woodcote High School is also a company limited by guarantee and an exempt charity. As governors we therefore also hold responsibilities as trustees of the charity and company directors registered at Companies House. If you wish to see the documents that govern our activities including our Funding Agreement with the Education Funding Agency as well as our Memorandum and Articles of Association then these can again be found below
We meet regularly as a full governing body and the minutes of our most recent meetings can likewise be found below.
We sincerely hope that your child has a successful career with us at Woodcote High School.
Chair of Governors
Academic Year 2020/2021
- Minutes FGB 2020 September 21st
- Minutes FGB 2021 January 26th draft
- Minutes FGB 18th May 2020 signed
- Minutes FGB 16th July 2020 signed
- Minutes FGB 11th August 2020 Part A signed
- Minutes FGB 10th February 2020 Part A signed
- Minutes FGB 8th June 2020 signed
- Minutes FGB 6th July 2020 Part A signed
- Minutes FGB 2020 March 30th Part A signed
- Minutes FGB 2020 February 10th Part A
- Minutes EGB 2020 March 23rd Part A signed
- 2019 12 Minutes FGB 2019 December 6th Part A
- 2019 11 Minutes FGB 2019 November 4th
- 2019 09 Minutes FGB 2019 September 23rd
- 08053276 Woodcote High School 1920 FinStat
- 2015 2016 Trustees Report and Audited Accounts
- 2016 2017 Trustees Report and Audited Accounts
- 2017 2018 Trustees Report and Audited Accounts
- WHS Trustees Report and Audited Accounts 2018 19
Our Governing Board
- Governing Board Meeting Attendance 1
- Governing Board Structure
- Governors Business Interests
- Governors Wanted
- The Governing Board 2020
- Articles of Association revised 2014 signed
- WHS Funding Agreement Deed of Variation re ELP Sealed
- WHS Funding Agreement Signed June 2012
- Woodcote High School Memorandum signed